Monday, August 30, 2010

anthro fitting room review: ha'penny cardigan

i'll admit, on a recent trip to anthropologie, i grabbed the ha'penny cardigan, $128 by moth, to try on as a joke. it looked crazy. never do that at anthropologie. i ended up loving it. i tried it on in the yellow, which is more of a mustard color. this color rarely works on my fair skin tone and this was no exception. the purple colorway would be my best bet, as it is almost a purplely-blue-grey, flattering on me and would work with other pieces in my closet.


i fit a small in the cardigan. usually i am a small or medium (size 6-8 in tops). i loved it open, but then pulled in the drawstrings and tied up around the neck. it looked great this way too! there was something about it that made me think i might be "going to grandma's house" but i kind of liked that about it. at least its not red :) below is the purple color from the anthropologie site. it also comes in a grey and beige (neutal motif).





















the detailing on the back is a nice surprise. it helped the sweater accentuate my shape and not be too overwhelming. i love that it can be worn a few different ways and would work with jeans or dresses. i definitely think i could make this work in my wardrobe this fall, winter, and even on into spring.

until next time,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment