Sunday, September 23, 2012

weekly update: 9.23.2012

hello there! just sharing a little weekly update.

on sunday, i finally got out a hammer and some nails and moved my purses from the floor to the wall in my closet.




















isn't it funny how some projects only take a few minutes to complete, but months to find the inspiration or motivation to do it?

wore stars and studs:
 

blazer - heritage 1981
dress - zara (spring)
booties - zara (current)

had an extra dose of dots (and a dash of leopard for good measure):
 

pants - ann taylor LOFT
blouse - target
flats - nordstrom halogen


and ended my week with a lovely birthday trip to anthropologie:
















i setup a special appointment with the personal shopper to use my 15% discount.





















Not only did she prep by pulling tons of options, but she brought a cupcake and had the gals sing to me. totally unneccessary, but made the event all the more special. one of the many reasons why i heart the gals at my anthropologie so much!
 




















what i wore. polka dot target bow blouse, joe's high water skinny jeans, nordstrom ivanka trump flats.
wearing separates is always helpful for trying on. i like to try tops on with my own jeans to know if they would easily incorproate into my wardrobe.

some of the good pieces i tried:


 

sizes i am wearing:
medium in the spun stripes pullover
6.5 in joppa pumps
large in west wing dress (this did not come home with me... but... gosh. i wish it did!)
small in pleated ponte dress (sizing still big, but not as big as LY fluted ponte dress)

i asked the personal shopper to help me find some casual pieces (tops) to incorporate into my wardrobe. with all the printed and colored bottoms, i needed some simple easy pieces. i apparently didn't take photos of some of the other pieces i loved... but trust me. i got some good ones.

from there, i couldn't say no to the pretty ponte dress. (i ended up returning the ponte skirt from last week. i could see myself wearing the dress 10x more). the personal shopper and i found some amazing pieces, but i had to be rational. so i left with only a couple pretties and a much longer wishlist.

the rest of the weekend was more mellow and chilly! if tights weren't enough, it was only mid 50s on saturday. though fall means cold weather soon, i did have my first chai tea latte from starbucks. delicious!

























running errands over the weekend. can't get enough of my studded boots! (sweater from target, jacket from LY missoni kid's section, joe's jeans)

how was your week? ready for Monday?

until next time,
S

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday cupcake gal!

    I love the colours in your dotted pants...and indeed you make me want to investigate separates more!

    I had a personal shopper afternoon at anthro once and it was an awesome experience- I love the Joppa pumps, and the ponte dress looks beautiful. Great shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete