Tuesday, February 8, 2011

my new 30x30 skirt.

so i finally decided on my new addition to my 30x30 february challenge:
river island lace skirt




















this skirt came to me in a very special way.  a few weeks back i got a request from lucie who wanted help styling this skirt she purchased from asos, which had since sold out. it reminded her, and me, of the spinning lace dress from anthropologie, but was easier to wear than such a dressy dress.

well as i styled it, i fell in love with it. i happened to click on the link one more time to see how asos had styled and lo and behold, only one of my size was available. i quickly ordered and waited for its arrival (international shipping, plus winter storms. seemed like it took about 2 weeks?).

today it came! it is every bit as lovely as i imagined. so thank you to lucie! i ordered the 6 on asos, which translates to the UK 10. it just fits. i could have probably done with the UK 12. but i'll make it work.

the skirt is still available on the river island website in ivory and also comes in a navy color:


















and if you were wondering, here are the options i came up with for lucie:

my favorites include the one with the artist's study tee and the blue blouse from ann taylor loft.

so i have now updated my mini editor to include the lace skirt:
Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

i love looking through all the different combinations you have created. so thank you! i know i will be relying on these combinations as i continue through the challenge. :)

until next time,
S

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so pleased that you like it too. I look forward to seeing how you style it in your 30 for 30 challenge. I haven't worn mine yet, but will be doing so on Valentine's Day. I think it will be perfectly sweet and romantic for that occasion.
    Lucie x

    ReplyDelete