Monday, February 21, 2011

outfit of the day: 02.21.2011

hello there. well, the snow keeps on coming. because of giant drifts i knew i would have to climb through on my walk to work, a pencil skirt was just not going to work. (again, that fear of falling into a snow bank on my way to work is not something i want to become a reality!)

 from there, i went with the taboo combo of black, blue, and brown. take that 30x30 challenge! 
 

these tights have little flecks of browns, blues, and black - so i thought they worked well with all the colors.


 


here is the polyvore breakdown:
Lost Time Skirt - Anthropologie.com
$60 - anthropologie.com
Skirts »

Ribbed Heather Tights
$18 - anthropologie.com
Textured hosiery »

Eyelet Platforms
$158 - anthropologie.com
Platform pump shoes »

Scallops & Sparkles Belt
$32 - anthropologie.com
Studded belts »


other exciting news? i found out i have to be at work tomorrow at 6:30 am for an international conference call. yikes. normally i barely can crawl out of bed before 7:30. but because of that, i have mentally picked out tomorrow's outfit. hopefully i can remember from now until then. i also might just sport the bun two days in a row.

until next time,
S

11 comments:

  1. oh yuck! yeah, not a morning person! I love the monochromatic tones here- really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taboo or not, I think this outfit looks great! Love that skirt and those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just recently started following your blog. I'm enjoying all your outfits. They are super cute. I really like this one today. Seeing how cute that skirt is on you makes me sad that I didn't get it when I had the chance. I don't usually crawl my butt out of bed until after 9:00. I think I would die if I had to get up that early. I'm so lazy. Thankfully I have a great hubs who will feed the kiddies before he leaves for work, so I don't have to get up early. It's bliss!
    www.lorislooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit.I have the skirt and still haven't worn it. Don't know why? I certainly whined enough. Everything looks great together.Maybe I should wear mine soon. We have been having great weather here. Was in the 70's today :) But you look great. And I too hate the early morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good rule breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit! The skirt is great (it's a piece that I definitely regret not getting) and your initial necklace is so pretty!

    I am so not a morning person. I always snooze as long as possible, then I rush around trying to get to work on time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable outfit! I get the green eyed monster everytime I see someone wear that skirt. Must hunt it down soon!

    Hope your 6:30am wake-up went okay. I am not a morning person either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thatgreendress - thanks! its fun playing around with neutrals.

    betty - thank you!! welcome to the blog :) so glad you found me.

    lorraine - thanks so much! welcome! i loved this skirt from the very first sighting, i bet you could find one on e-bay? your husband sounds great! :) i wish i could sleep in more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gabby - you should wear it!!! i love it so much, and now you have two ideas! let me know if you want me to help you conjure up some other ones. i do think it would work with any color cardigan.

    fallon - haha thank you!! rules are meant to be broken ;)

    kristin - thanks! tell me about it. i am a chronic snoozer... i probably should just go to bed earlier!

    overcaffinated - thanks so much! i got to work on time, sort of bright-eyed and bushy-tailed but had a diet coke in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE this outfit. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. clara - thanks!! :) the skirt is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete